Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Granting admin privileges to users on my site to upload files.

Hello everyone,

I'm confused about how I should set up permissions and access on my Lion web server. I'm using php/mysql for the entire site and have a user/pass stored in the database for the admin to add new records and things. This if I am correct, is completely different than how the server see's the user. In order to upload a file to the server successfully, I have to change the permissions on the upload folder to allow access for everyone... and that is not right. How can i specify if someone is a true admin user to the server? This is all within a local network by the way, with no access to the site outside of the network. Google has failed to supply me with the answer.

Thanks in advance.

-Brian

Lion Server-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Feb 8, 2012 1:37 PM

There are no replies.

Granting admin privileges to users on my site to upload files.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.