Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS Lion does not support pinch/zoom gesture in Finder

I've seen multiple posts on this same issue. I just want to add my vote to Apple to restore the pinch-zoom gesture in Finder to OS Lion. I'd love see either a solution, or software update that will rectify this issue. I don't even know why there would be any sense in removing this feature.

Vic

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Feb 8, 2012 7:01 PM

2 replies

Feb 8, 2012 8:19 PM in response to AQUANOT

This can happen from time-to-time when a browser updates.

For the short term, download Firefox, Chrome or Opera and try using that to do the banking.

Also, go to the Safari menu, and select "Report Bugs to Apple...", that will give the best chance of getting it corrected if it is a Safari bug.

Cheers,

Rodney

Feb 9, 2012 9:47 AM in response to RodneyW

Thank you for your response Rodney. The issue isn't with the browser though. The pinch-zoom works perfectly in Safari. The issue is with Finder. When I'm sorting/organizing files in Finder, I the pinch-zoom functionality doesn't work, so I'm limited to the 4 viewing styles buttons that are available. I can't scale my views which is really inconvenient. Finder used to have this functionality in OS Snow Leopard, so I really hope this function is restored in OS Lion.

Any feedback or ETA if this is going to be addressed by Apple? I see many other cries to have this feature restored in OS Lion.

Sincerely,

Vic

OS Lion does not support pinch/zoom gesture in Finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.