Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sim card not supported

Hi,

new to iphone community.

Bought a second hand iphone4 on Ebay, seller said the product had been unsimlocked by his operator, iphone still under warranty till June 2012.

USed in Belgium for 2 months with a Belgian phone operator without any issue.

Now moved to New Caledonia, using NCL Mobilis (only mobile operator here) : new micro-SIM from this operator doesn't work and error message said "the sim card inserted in this iphone doesn't seemed to be supported" ...

Is this Iphone really unlocked ?

If no, can I do something to solve this ? IOS 5.0 installed

thanks for your help

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Feb 8, 2012 8:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2012 8:10 PM

It would seem not unlocked. You would have to find the carrier it's locked to and ask them to unlock it.

Also have you updated the iPhone's OS since you got it? It's another possibility that the phone was unlocked by means of hacking, and updating re-locked it.

5 replies

Feb 24, 2012 1:05 PM in response to xavierbiot

So here's the full story.

This Iphone 4 was originaly locked by a France carrier, Orange.

After the 1 year locking, Orange unlocked the phone to any operator.

The phone then had a technical issue that forced Apple to replace it by a new one, this is the phone I bought a few months ago.

This phone worked perfectly with a Belgian operator, Proximus, for 2 months.

I arrived in New Caledonia and the phone refused to accept the micro-sim of the only local operator, NCL...

The seller of the phone contacted Orange that said that the original phone had been unlocked and that Apple has to solve the issue with the replacement phone ...

Now, how can I contact Apple to explain this and try to let this phone work here in New Caledonia ?

sim card not supported

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.