Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

most of keywords got deleted.

I accidentally deleted most of my keywords. Is there any way to find them and get them back? The undo command doesn't seem to have any effect. Is there perhaps a way to quit Aperture without saving the changes, or is this not possible?

Posted on Feb 8, 2012 9:28 PM

5 replies

Feb 10, 2013 2:42 PM in response to ellenr

Mine got deleted too. I opened the Keyword HUD and a bunch of keywords (folders and subfolders) were highlighted. First time I've seen that happen. I went to drag a keyword to an image and it looked like it was going to drag all the highlighted ones. So I put the mouse back over the keyword HUD and let go. To my surprise, several folders full of keywords (and their folders) got deleted and many of the other keywords were moved out of their folders. I guess ESC would have been the better choice (hindsight is 20:20) but, still, what the heck was that all about?

My images still have the keywords and the keywords show up in the Search box but if I search on any of those keywords, no images are found. I'm not adverse to keying them all back in again but that doesn't seem to work. I tried re-typing one into the HUD but, again, no images have that keyword (even though many of them actually do).

I have a relatively recent vault. Rather than restoring everything, how can I restore the keywords only? Can I simply replace the Keywords.plist file with the one from the vault? I'd try myself instead of asking but I don't want to make things worse.

most of keywords got deleted.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.