Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud on Mail not connecting to IMAP server since Lion update

Since the latest lion update, my Mail has been unable to recieve or send any mail.

Mail connection Dr is showing the following error; "Could not connect to this iCloud IMAP server."

Here's a few screenies showing the problems; http://imgur.com/a/VA7x1

Does anyone know what this could be? Thanks.

MacBook

Posted on Feb 9, 2012 5:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2012 7:12 AM

My outgoing server address starts with p99, not the same as your setting. Don't know if that matters. Try deleting the iCloud account in Mail and redefine it.

12 replies

Feb 9, 2012 8:35 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Thanks for the responces, both!

I've tried re-signing in, in both mail and through system pref. I just get the following error at the starting "Welcome to mail" splash screen

The iCloud IMAP server “p04-imap.mail.me.com” is not responding. Try checking the network connection, and that the server name is correct. Otherwise, the server might be temporarily unavailable. If you continue, you might not be able to receive messages.

As to the mail server, I can only assume no! As far as I can remember it was just a case of username+password and I was good to go. Really stumpped as to why this has happened.

Feb 9, 2012 12:22 PM in response to JD_mac

That's possible: you could ask in the Lion forum as well to see whether any problems have been reported.

I should have one more go: uncheck all the checkboxes for syncing and sign out. You could reboot, though that't likely enough irrelevant.

Then sign in in System Preferences>iCloud; check 'Mail & Notes' and other data types. Don't do anything in Mail; it should set up automatically.

Now try accessing your email again and see what happens.

Feb 9, 2012 1:13 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Thanks for the tips! However, I'm still getting the "Welcome to Mail" splash screen followed by a

'

The iCloud IMAP server “p04-imap.mail.me.com” is not responding. Try checking the network connection, and that the server name is correct. Otherwise, the server might be temporarily unavailable. If you continue, you might not be able to receive messages.'

after entering my details.

Have posted in the Lion forum, but had no responces yet.

Feb 9, 2012 1:18 PM in response to JD_mac

This would suggest that something has gone seriously wrong in the process. I can access iCloud mail using the standard imap.mail.me.com setting (on Snow Leopard), so why you are getting the message, particularly with the 'p04' business, I can't say. It may indeed be something to do with 10.7.3 - there have been some complaints about this update - but it's not something I can comment on. I hope you will be able to get an anwer in the other forum or from someone else here.

iCloud on Mail not connecting to IMAP server since Lion update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.