Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locking desktop background

Hi,

I am trying to lock my desktop background on 10.7 so that it can only be changed by the admin. I have locked the plist down in libraries for the user and admin. The browsers are also locked down so that you cannot right click on a photo and select it as a background. The problem, though, is that if you drag a photo from the browser to the desktop you can right click on that and change the desktop background. Is there some way to prevent this? Thanks.

Posted on Feb 9, 2012 11:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2012 12:27 PM

Go to System Preferences > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts.

Select Services in the left pane.

Then, in the right pane uncheck the item "Set Desktop Picture" in the Pictures section.

I suppose an enterprising person could figure that out and reset that to checked. Perhaps locking the com.apple.ServicesMenu.Services.plist file could prevent that.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2012 12:27 PM in response to carol154

Go to System Preferences > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts.

Select Services in the left pane.

Then, in the right pane uncheck the item "Set Desktop Picture" in the Pictures section.

I suppose an enterprising person could figure that out and reset that to checked. Perhaps locking the com.apple.ServicesMenu.Services.plist file could prevent that.

Locking desktop background

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.