Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to remove in Lyon a powerpc application non-compatible

I installed an Maxtor App, and I didn't know it was a PowerPC app, after this I've been receiving a message I can't remove: "NotificationExec can not be open because PowerPC apps are not longer compatible". Somebody knows how to remove the message, after the application has been removed...

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2009), Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Feb 9, 2012 11:12 AM

1 reply

Feb 9, 2012 11:32 AM in response to jlozanomoreno

Have you deleted the Maxtor app already? If so, I suspect you didn't succeed in deleting it completely, and NotificationExec was left behind.

If the Maxtor app used an installer program, run that installer again and reinstall the Maxtor software. Then run the installer again and look for an "uninstall" option in it. If you find one, run it.

If the Maxtor software didn't use an installer program, go to System Prefs > Accounts, select the account you normally use, and click the Login Items tab. Is NotificationExec or anything else that you recognize as part of the Maxtor software listed among your Login Items? If so, delete it from the list.

how to remove in Lyon a powerpc application non-compatible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.