Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help ! i am confused

Hello i have MacBook Pro 5.4 and i have only Windows 7 on it . i don't to much in apple software or Mac OS X but i want to install Mac OS X on it and i don't how . Can anybody help me please . ??? and to tell me what version . The reason why i want Mac OS X is because is his original BIOS and on Windows 7 i don't have Sound .

MacBook Pro, Windows 7

Posted on Feb 9, 2012 2:21 PM

7 replies

Feb 9, 2012 2:32 PM in response to jboxandvodka

If Mac OS X was erased from the system and has only Windows 7 on it, then unless there still remains the original partition for Mac OS X, unless someone else here knows of a different workaround, you will need to erase the drive (formatting it as Mac OS X Extended), install Mac OS X from the disks that came with the Mac, then use Boot Camp to create a new partition for Windows and reinstall Windows 7.

If there is indeed still a second partition, you should be able to install Mac OS X on that partition.

If the original owner claims that Mac OS X is still installed, try booting the Mac and hold down the Option key. If Mac OS X is indeed still installed, you should be able to see and choose that partition to boot from. If Windows was installed correctly, there will also be a Startup Disk control panel from which you could select the Mac OS X partition from which to boot.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3777

Regards.

P.S. Unless you know and trust the seller, I'd recommend erasing both operating systems and reinstalling anyway. You just have no way of knowing what sort of unlicensed software or even malware or keylogger might be installed in the system if you're just using it as the seller gave it to you.

Message was edited by: Dave Sawyer

Help ! i am confused

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.