Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari issues

That update link appears to be invalid. Thought the 1.1 update fixed everything, but my Rosetta enabled apps still have issues. Now I see buggy activity in my other apps. Silverfast and Epson scanning software not working. Adobe Golive buggy

Don't have the time, but will restore the old system from Time Machine tonight and avoid updates for a while.

Will try reporting specifics. -- oops, not allowed to report unless I'm a registered developer...

Posted on Feb 7, 2012 2:40 PM

22 replies

Feb 7, 2012 6:33 PM in response to Kurt Triffet

Well, I've alerted the powers that be. It does fix the Rosetta issue for those who installed the 1.0 update. Of course there are those who have prevailing issues that it obviously can't help. The redirect suggests you may be one who does. Keep your system backed up, and if at one point an update is a must, feel free to return to the forum, and start a new thread stating your dilemma.

Feb 7, 2012 7:43 PM in response to Saxman

Think he was referring to my issues. My system got quite munged up from that update. I will allow Apple a fail once and awhile since they've generally been pretty good. This one is the worst in a long while. The "fix" didn't cut it.

I having more trouble with why they are insisting people download it. It needs to be completely pulled and rethought.

Feb 9, 2012 7:55 AM in response to Kurt Triffet

Well guys I finally Erased and re=formatted my drive re-oinstalled OS and of course since I use Time machine

I had to restore each folder individully! I think I'll stay away from the security update for now.

Thanks you all for you thoughts, Help and moral support. Now I better get back to getting the rest of my PC......oh wait a minuite this is a Mac (I almost forgot.......It seemed so much like my last experianc with a PC) Bak to the way it was.

Makes you wonder if Apple outsourced the writting of security updates to Microsoft!

Feb 9, 2012 9:37 AM in response to a brody

I don't quite understand the "not required" aspect of a "security update". In this day of viruses, malware, etc, when Apple says they updating our system's "security", why would one choose not to install it? The fact that my computer's running just fine already, doesn't give me the thought that by updating my computer's "security", I'll be putting every in jeopardy. So when a security update screws up the previously funtionality, I have every right to be ******, and expect better from Apple, no?

Feb 9, 2012 9:55 AM in response to Saxman

I haven't updated any machine past 10.7.1 on 10.7, and 10.6.3 on 10.6. That means I've been left out of security updates for over a year. I don't have anti-virus or anti-spyware on any of my Macs. Have my machines been infected? No. I've had Macs since 1992. Macs have built-in security much better by default. Root accounts are disabled by default. Network ports are closed by default. And .exe files won't execute on a Mac unless it has Windows installed. Not that updating security isn't a good idea, but it isn't essential. And Macs have run Windows natively since 2006. But the open firmware is an EFI, which is not standard to any other PC. Point is, unless you are really paranoid, or don't trust yourself when it comes to e-mail attachment judgement, or downloading software, or peer2peer software, your risk is minimal. You run a much greater risk at data loss through your own error, and hardware malfunction, than any security hazard.

Safari issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.