Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pink and Green Bars; 2010 iMac 27inch

I have a 2010 iMac, 3.2Ghz i3, that i purchased around November time in 2010. Its been a great machine, i use it for school work, video editing for a youtube channel and my day-to-day browsing machine. Since around April last year i have been experiencing some very frustrating problems with it. At first a very faint pink shadow would appear over around 3 inches of my display. I thought, Meh, it dissapears over time; il leave it. Over the course of the next 3months thisarea of the display got darker pink and would fluctuate a little, going a green colour every so often and slowly grew. The next thing i knew (July 2011) I had two, three inch thick bars from the centre of my screen to the left, one pink, one green. I could still view past these bars, and they would slowly dissapear, but they were there non-the less. In November it got to the point where they would not dissapear at all, and were permenant. Text underneath them is almost unreadable, which is horrible for such a high-res display. I have never took the computer apart, the only thing ive done in terms of upgrades is install 8GB of RAM, and that was in November 2011, (After Problem). I understand my Mac is no longer under warranty and i should've reported this sooner, but this has got to be affecting someone else? When i google the problem i see it with 17inch iMacs and Macbook Pros but cannot find any with my case.

Should i take it into the apple store to, and show them, or is this just a write off?

Is it a screen problem, software problem or graphics card problem?

Will this cost anything to repair or is this a known problem with the 2010 iMac displays.

bought this from a local reseller (Comet (http://www.comet.co.uk). Will Apple cover this if it is a known issue with the displays, even though its out of warranty and was sold by a different company?

Thanks; any help would be so amazing!

All the best

JoshLangdon-

PS: heres a quick snap of the display; its not great quality, only tooken with the iPhone4S but still shows what i mean. Hope this helps.

User uploaded file

iMac, iMac 2010 i3 3.2ghz Bought Elsewher

Posted on Feb 9, 2012 3:37 PM

1 reply

Feb 9, 2012 3:43 PM in response to joshpks1870

If you did not purchase AppleCare your machine is out of warranty and Apple is not obligated to repair it. However it would not hurt to take the machine in to be looked at at an Apple Store, the fact hat you ignored the problem for so long does nothing to help your case though. You also may want to inquire about consumer laws within the UK, here in the US wth no warranty Apple has no obligation to help however in the UK laws are considerably different.

Good luck.

Pink and Green Bars; 2010 iMac 27inch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.