Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My mail stopped coming in. The message is that my Id or Password are incorrect. If I don't remember them, what should I do?

I suddenly stopped receiving my mail on February 5. I didn't change anything. Now I have tried everything and to no avail. The message I am getting is that my ID and or Password are incorrect. HELP!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Feb 10, 2012 5:24 AM

1 reply

Feb 10, 2012 8:14 AM in response to sgarbo

See the cited HT2954 mail troubleshooting article, as a starting point. Once you've followed that troubleshooting information (including confirming the necessary IP ports and passwords details with your ISP), then it's been my experience that Apple Mail (also) displays the password-error dialogs when there are network problems; check your local network connection for (for instance) a marginal WiFi signal or for WiFi interference.

My mail stopped coming in. The message is that my Id or Password are incorrect. If I don't remember them, what should I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.