Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't register quicktime pro

Hi folks,

I'm been struggling for much too long now to try to resolve my problem, so I've come to the experts (yes...I have surfed and surfed this website and user documentation and more! I'm hoping the resolution is not too obvious and I'm being dense).

I have an iMac (older than dirt, but still functioning), with Mac OSX v. 10.6.8.

I been using Quicktime Pro successfully for some time and have a key for it. When I was upgraded to QuickTime Player Version 10.0 (131), the ability to use the full version of Quicktime disappeared. (e.g., I have no place to insert my registration code). I've searched everyone (even my system folder) and it's not presenting me with an opportunity to register again. Most annoying.

What am I missing? Any suggestions? I've added a screen shot so you can see my dilemma.

Any and all help is very much appreciated.

ngUser uploaded file

iMac

Posted on Feb 10, 2012 11:05 AM

6 replies

Feb 10, 2012 12:24 PM in response to QuickTimeKirk

Thanks...so, I've tried to remove Quicktime X (seems it's now embedded) and it would appear that I'm not able to use my previous version of Pro. I will now try to upgrade. Wow, can't believe the time I've wasted on this, but I do appreciate your advice. Owner of a Mac since 1986 and have not been quite this frustrated before. (Well, it's been a long time).

Feb 10, 2012 12:29 PM in response to nancyg34

There is no need to remove QuickTime X. Snow Leopard and Lion users can have two completely different versions of QuickTime.

If you had QuickTime Player Pro prior to your Snow Leopard install then its only been moved to the Utilities folder.

If you bought it after the Snow Leopard install then you would have to enter the registration info by opening QuickTime Player 7.6.6 and look under the Player menu for "Registration".

Can't register quicktime pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.