Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

need help to getting my HP printer(309c a series working with Lion 10.7.3 any advice??? Help please. I been all over HP and Image Capture not working or see it.

Need help to getting my HP printer(309c a series working with Lion 10.7.3 any advice??? Help please. I been all over HP and Image Capture not working or see it.

Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Feb 10, 2012 11:42 AM

10 replies

Feb 13, 2012 1:42 PM in response to Coach_ran63

On its web site for Lion compatible Scanner drivers, HP offers the following workaround since they have not yet produced HP based Scan driver software for your older model (I have the same problem):

People who need to SCAN & PRINT without a compatible driver from their manufacturer can use Apple's very basic "PRINT & SCAN" utility in System Preferences:

1. Click the Apple menu (User uploaded file ), and then click System Preferences .
  2. Click Print & Scan (User uploaded file ).
  3. Click Scan , and then click Open Scanner .
  4. Click Show Details . The details of the scan display, including options to modify scan settings such as output type.Figure 2: Example of the Show Details scanning screenUser uploaded file
  5. Change any settings as necessary, and then click Scan .

Hope this helps 🙂

Feb 13, 2012 6:14 PM in response to Radiation Mac

The click print or scan button on the far right does not appear. Does this mean I should do a complete uninstall and then reinstall using the old software??

Or should i go to the site"

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-73787-2 &cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=219&product=3793939&sw_lang= "

The descreption says "This download includes the HP Photosmart print driver, fax driver, HP Printer Utility, HP Scan software and HP Photosmart Studio imaging software for Mac OS X v10.4, v10.5 and v10.6

and download this update even if it is not for Lion 10.7.3

I am running 10.7.3 and I am think that some how Lion wiped out my "scanner drivers" only, because my printer works fine. I am running a "2.8 i7 with 8GB 1067 MHz DDr3"

Thanks 😕

Feb 13, 2012 11:57 PM in response to Coach_ran63

Coach_ran63 wrote:

The click print or scan button on the far right does not appear. Does this mean I should do a complete uninstall and then reinstall using the old software??

The printer and scanner driver are available from Apple. Don't install the driver from HP that is for 10.6 as this can make things worse for your Mac.

HP has provided the drivers for your printer to Apple, and they are available via the link that sig posted above. With this HP driver update installed on your Mac you should have a Print tab and a Scan tab for the 309c in the Print & Scan pane. But you will only have this Scan tab if the printer is connected to the Mac via USB cable. If the 309c is configured for wireless, then the Scan tab will not be present. But you should still be able to scan via the Image Capture application. With the application open you should see the 309c listed under the Shared heading. And selecting this entry should allow you to scan from the device (note that you may have to press a button on the device for it to function).

need help to getting my HP printer(309c a series working with Lion 10.7.3 any advice??? Help please. I been all over HP and Image Capture not working or see it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.