Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 4s is in restore process but its taking over an hour??

what i need to know is if it is safe to unplug or touch or do anything to the iphone 4s while its doing this? why its it taking so long? i know that 50 million people are using the server but what if its more to it than that, what if there is something wrong with the phone, i orginally had an error message of 3194, then i got the 2005 one, i read one thing that said it will mess your phone up even more?what do i do if it does this all day and even overnight?

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Feb 10, 2012 2:11 PM

2 replies

Feb 10, 2012 2:28 PM in response to kluvsj

thank you rudegar, is it supposed to say verifying iphone restore the whole time? it still says that its verifying iphone restore? ive restored an iphone 4s before but it never took this long and so i never had to worry or pay attention to what it said and i hadnt messed it up before i restored it, i had put the phone in DFU mode and then tried restoring it and thats when i got the error 3194 i used tinyumbrella to remove the error messages and now this? is this normal? how long should i wait? i tried to close itunes but it wouldnt let me

iphone 4s is in restore process but its taking over an hour??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.