Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't lose audio

I'm trying my first iMovie clip and it's a theme based on some short movie clips and photos. Everything is fine apart from one video clip. I had to 'cut' it as the clip only filled about half the screen (I've now cut it and zoomed in to fill the screen). But I also want the volume on it muted. I've muted the sound on all the other clips but for some reason this one clip won't play ball. Even though its showing that I've reduced the audio to 0 it still plays the audio in preview (and not the audio on other videos). I've tried to detach the clip's audio and that hasn't made a difference. I'm assuming now this might be a bug?

Posted on Feb 10, 2012 2:42 PM

3 replies

Feb 14, 2012 9:16 AM in response to AppleMan1958

I had a song playing through the whole movie and was dropping the audio to zero on the movie clips. For some reason it worked with every clip other than this one.

I've managed to solve the problem, but not quite sure how. I exported the movie from Aperture to become a referenced master file, which I then dragged to my desktop. I then dragged that file back into iMovie and for some reason it then worked - despite having removed the video and dropping it in afresh before.

No idea what caused it, but it seems to be working now.

Can't lose audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.