Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to change screenshot location from my Solid State hard drive with OSX on it, to my 2nd storage hard drive, how do I do this?

I want to change screenshot location from my Solid State hard drive with OSX on it, to my 2nd storage hard drive, how do I do this?

I am aware of "defaults write com.apple.screencapture *location*" but I want to change the location to my 2nd drive which doesn't have OSX on it... everytime I've tried to insert MacintoshHD2 in there it just doesn't work... any tips?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Feb 10, 2012 3:09 PM

3 replies

Feb 10, 2012 5:06 PM in response to mattparish

It works for me, as I have my screenshots going to another volume. Maybe you're not using the correct path. It should be something like /Volumes/MacintoshHD2/"path to final location".

Post the entire command you're using. An alternative is to use the freeware TinkerTool, which allows you to select a new location.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.