Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cafe World runs fans at 100%

Hello,

My wife is addicted to Cafe World, really addicted. She uses amn older MacBook Pro to play the game. This computer run Leopard (10.5.8) and has the stock 2GB of RAM. Each time she plays the fans in the MBP ramp-up to what sounds like maximum speed. Since she does this often, the computer's fans are maxxed-out 85% of the time the machine runs. My question is there anything I can do about this? I know the constant high-speeds are not good for the fans or the computer. I was always under the impression Macs were good at graphical performance. She has the latest version of flash-player installed for 10.5.

Ironically, I cannot upgrade her OS to 10.6. I have tried twice and the process failed each time. I am not sure why, or where I would even look for that information. I did buy the family pack for 10.6, when it shipped, so I do have the licenses.

A newer version of flash-player exists for 10.6 than does for 10.5, but like I stated above I can't get 10.6 on her computer.

Is there any way I can make Cafe World run better on what was a $1,700.00 computer. Oddly, this doesn't happen on the other side of the fence...

Thoughts?

Best regards

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8), 15", Core 2 Duo 2.33GHz, 2GB RAM,

Posted on Feb 10, 2012 6:05 PM

There are no replies.

Cafe World runs fans at 100%

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.