Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Bookmarks syncing work for anyone?

Hi,

I see lots of questions about making bookmarks sync, with no answers. I don't see a Bookmarks icon when I go to iCloud.com. Is it possible this feature is simply disabled for some reason?

Posted on Feb 10, 2012 10:09 PM

8 replies

Feb 11, 2012 3:05 AM in response to Mike Mesford

There is no bookmark feature at iCloud.com, it only works between devices.

Saying that it took a little effort to get it all to work. I had to export my bookmarks to the desktop, turn off bookmark syncing on all devices, delete all bookmarks on all devices, add the export back on my mac, turn on bookmark syncing on that mac, then turn it on on all devices.

Feb 11, 2012 1:57 PM in response to Winston Churchill

It's true that there is no Bookmarks icon on the iCloud website. And I think you're correct that iCloud isn't involved; I believe I remember reading that bookmarks would sync over wifi. Yet the setting that enables syncing in my iPad is under Settings>iCloud, and when I connect my iPad via USB, the setting in iTunes says "You're bookmarks are being synced with your iPad over the air from iCloud. Over-the-air sync settings can be changed on your iPad." So all in all, I'm left confused. But I'll try your method and see if a clean slate is what's needed, regardless of how they actually work.

Jun 8, 2012 12:35 AM in response to Mike Mesford

I have noticed bookmarks not syncing.

My wife has her and our shared mac, same room, same wifi, no sync.

last nite on our shared mac i re-organized my bookmarks (on my user account) and well, they synced to the iphone, NOT to the ipad (all of which were in the room), and also NOT to the mac at work...

really really *****. i am so disappointed with where apple is going these days. as happy as one can be for them to no longer be a small but quality company making amazing products, it really ***** for us long time users that they have really really opened up to the consumer market and the a lot of quality is going the way of the dodo.

not that the hardware isnt still amazing...(:

linux anyone?

Does Bookmarks syncing work for anyone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.