Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where does iWeb store all my domains?

The steps that I have followed to check where my Mac stores my domains were:

1) Open ¨Finder¨ folder

2) Press ¨alt¨ key and on the Go menu

3) Select ¨Library¨

4) Then go to ¨Application Support¨ and select ¨iWeb¨ folder

Inside the folder I can only see 1 Domain, I am missing 3 more.

Can someone help me?

iWeb '08, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Feb 11, 2012 7:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2012 8:06 AM

iWeb is slightly different with Lion. See this page under "iWeb and Lion OS X 10.7"...

http://www.iwebformusicians.com/iWeb/iWeb-Tips.html

If you have files that you can't find with a Spotlight search, download and use the freeware Find File.

9 replies

Feb 11, 2012 10:29 AM in response to dolodesign

When you launch iWeb do you see all three sites in the left hand pane of the iWeb window? If so then you will only have one domain file.

In Lion the Library folder is now invisible. To make it permanently visible enter the following in the Terminal application window: chflags nohidden ~/Library and hit the Enter button - 10.7: Un-hide the User Library folder.

To open your domain file in Lion or to switch between multiple domain files Cyclosaurus has provided us with the following script that you can make into an Applescript application with Script Editor. Open Script Editor, copy and paste the script below into Script Editor's window and save as an application.

do shell script "/usr/bin/defaults write com.apple.iWeb iWebDefaultsDocumentPath -boolean no"

delay 1

tell application "iWeb" to activate

You can download an already compiled version with this link: iWeb Switch Domain.

Just launch the application, find and select the domain file you want to open and it will open with iWeb. It modifies the iWeb preference file each time it's launched so one can switch between domain files.

WARNING: iWeb Switch Domain will overwrite an existing Domain.sites2 file if you select to create a new domain in the same folder. So rename your domain files once they've been created to something other than the default name.

OT

Feb 12, 2012 9:56 AM in response to dolodesign

Just want to make sure we're on the same page. Each of you websites have their own domain file, right? Or do all of your sites show up together in iWeb.

Download and use Find Any File to search for ".sites". FAF can search areas that Spotlight can't, invisible folders, packages, and folders that are generally off limits to users. If you have more than one domain file on your hard drive FAF will find it. If you only find one .sites file then the others have been deleted somehow.

Feb 18, 2012 2:34 AM in response to dolodesign

If you have more than 1 domain file, then you must know where you put them.

iWeb doesn't move these files around.

It's not really an iWeb issue if you cannot remember where you store your files.

Try this :

http://www.wyodor.net/_Demo/Aptana/iWebSites.html

When you open the app it will show all files in the default location. If it only shows 1 file and you absolutely know you have more, then open every folder on your computer to see if they are inside.

BTW. Do not confuse multiple domain files with multiple Sites.

Feb 18, 2012 2:52 AM in response to Wyodor

Actually I never had to find a location to save the Domains.

Every time I worked in iWeb and created a new site (which you can see on the left side of the program) I saved them by clicking ¨cmd + S¨ and iWeb would automatically save the website i been working on, then I would publish them directly from iweb.

Does this make any sentence?

User uploaded file

Where does iWeb store all my domains?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.