Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have bought the iPad camera connection kit but when I plug my Canon 350d into the USB port a message comes up saying "this device is unsupported". Does this mean I cannot download my photos to my iPad or do I have to do something to enable the transfer?

I have bought the iPad camera connection kit but when I plug my Canon350D into the USB port the message is "the device is not supported". Can I fix this or will I be unable to transfer the photos using this connector?

Posted on Feb 11, 2012 9:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2012 9:22 AM

Does it have an SD card? Have you tried doing it that way?

7 replies

Oct 31, 2013 5:38 PM in response to King_Penguin

I have found an alternative and much quicker way to transfer photos to my ipad. Having exhausted the Apple route with its connection kit, I stumbled upon a YouTube video showing how you could use an external sd card reader / USB to transfer pictures. I did a quick search on eBay and found a device that would work with the ios7 update. Hey presto it works! (I purchased an sd card and a sd card adapter for my Canon 350d) plus the little sd card reader from eBay ( for quarter of the price ) of Apples connection kit ( which didn't work)

Come on Apple why can suppliers in the Market place produce accessories that work better than your own kit? You are missing an opportunity and frustrating customers no doubt. Could do better !

I have bought the iPad camera connection kit but when I plug my Canon 350d into the USB port a message comes up saying "this device is unsupported". Does this mean I cannot download my photos to my iPad or do I have to do something to enable the transfer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.