Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Teacher

I bought my Mac Book Pro in Best Buy and bought a beautiful vera bradley bag to store it safely. I also bought a speck hard cover to protect it.I would never imagine that my english teacher would sit on it !!! I almost cried when I saw him thank god i screamed and he didnt put ALL his weight on it but SOME of it. It caused a dent and now blue lines appear when the screen is showing smething black. He is my Pre-AP English teacher in 8th grade and I dont know how to tell him without he changing his attitude towards me ! I would first like to know How much it would cost to repair it or if Apple can fix it for free. I need help please im dying !!

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), Mac OS X (10.0.x)

Posted on Feb 11, 2012 10:14 AM

9 replies

Feb 11, 2012 10:25 AM in response to DZeledon154

This is accidental damage and Apple does not repair computer for free that have suffered accidental damage.

The cost for that is all up the the owner of the computer.

So you should explain this to the teacher and the school and see if they have insurance to cover such problems.

I would not care about his attitude. But that is just me.

What I would like to know is how was he able to sit on it. Where was it that he could sit down on it. And why you placed it in a spot that anyone could sit on it.

IMHO you have to take most of the responsibility for this happening through your careless actions that allowed this to happen in the first place.

Sorry that is just the way I feel about situations like this.

Good Luck.

Feb 11, 2012 10:41 AM in response to DZeledon154

Only someone looking at your exact unit can tell you the price. Genius Bar can tell you that.

Your response to shootist show two things:

• You need to have your parents help, because you are not ready to have this conversation with your teacher ... you will lose his respect for reasons other than the repair bill
  • You have no respect for people who do not cater to your desires

You also need to carry your next computer (this one is toast, most likely) in a way that makes it look like a computer, not a pretty duffle bag.

Learn from this, please.

I am out of this conversation.

Feb 11, 2012 11:04 AM in response to steve359

I apologize if I was disrespectful but im frustrated because its expensive and it never came to my head that if I left it in a chair someone (especially my teacher) would sit on it. It works fine just like always its just when the screen shows black that blue blurry lines appear. Also I dont live in the US so i have to wait until summer to repair it.

Teacher

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.