Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Edit in External Editor (photoshop)?

I want to do a quick edit of an image in my new version of photoshop and when I select the image in the Album or in the Published Album Aperture is not giving me an option to Photo > Edit in External Editor because this is greyed out for some reason.

I have most of the manual printed out over here and found some threads on this in iPhoto forum but to be frank I am getting a little tired of some of the secret cubbies and locks I keep running across and I am afraid that if I just read the manual I will spend another two days trying to get this to work.

I imagine this is very straightforward and would anyone mind giving me a heads up on how to do this? I just want to black out a section where my background shows the wall instead of the black curtain supposed to be used as background...

TIA for any help.

Posted on Feb 11, 2012 11:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2012 2:24 PM

You can set Photoshop as your external editor in Aperture > Preferences > Export > Choose. It's on page 472 of the manual.

If you have downloaded the pdf of the Aperture 3 User Manual, you can use it interactively in Preview. I think you will find that you can get answers for most things much faster by using Preview's search window for the Aperture manual than by asking in Communities.

If you are printing out the manual from the web version rather than having the pdf you can download it here.

http://documentation.apple.com/en/aperture/usermanual/Aperture%203%20User%20Manu al%20(en).pdf

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2012 2:24 PM in response to hotwheels22

You can set Photoshop as your external editor in Aperture > Preferences > Export > Choose. It's on page 472 of the manual.

If you have downloaded the pdf of the Aperture 3 User Manual, you can use it interactively in Preview. I think you will find that you can get answers for most things much faster by using Preview's search window for the Aperture manual than by asking in Communities.

If you are printing out the manual from the web version rather than having the pdf you can download it here.

http://documentation.apple.com/en/aperture/usermanual/Aperture%203%20User%20Manu al%20(en).pdf

Edit in External Editor (photoshop)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.