Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playing itunes while using garageband

OK, finally got an Apogee Jam for my ipad. I was using it today with Garageband and it's perfect for what I'm after except for one thing...I can't figure out how a way to play itunes and use garageband to play along with recorded music.

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks,

Jim

iMac Intel Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Feb 11, 2012 4:26 PM

4 replies

Feb 12, 2012 3:33 AM in response to James Wardle

Unless it's a DRM protected track, you can drag the iTunes audio file into GB, it will appear as its own track. If your System is really 10.5, you can drag the song directly from the iTunes window. If that doesn't work, locate the file in the Finder by pressing cmd-shift-R in iTunes.

Or better still, use the Media Browser in GB to pick songs from your iTunes library.

Feb 12, 2012 6:58 AM in response to Christoph Drösser

I may not have articulated this correctly...I'm not using the imac, I'm using my iPad. It seems like if I start iTunes and select a song, it'll continue to play even if I then start Garageband, so that might be the answer. I'd just like to be able to play along with some music utilizing the amp sims in GB.

Maybe a "Y" cable and my iphone will do the trick along with the ipad and GB....

Playing itunes while using garageband

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.