Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moving iPhone Exchange Contacts to Mac

I have Exchange contacts on iPhone. No longer syncing with Exchange from work because not employed with them. How do I move the Exchange contacts on my iPhone to the Address book on the MacBook Pro I am setting up? I tried using iCloud to move all my contacts but only the contacts not associated with Exchange were synced via iCloud. I still have a sizeable number of Exchange contacts that did not transfer via iCloud. I currently have all of the contacts on my phone and I am trying to figure out how to move or sync them to the Address book on my MacBook Pro without losing any of the data/information. I am establishing my new iTunes library on my new MacBook Pro and afraid when I sync with iTunes that it will wipe away all of my Exchange contacts on my phone. Can anyone please tell me how I can move my Exchange contacts on my iPhone to my MacBook Pro without a loss of data. Thanks!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 11, 2012 4:42 PM

26 replies

Feb 12, 2012 3:42 AM in response to RoperTwoFeet

you can sync them all through itunes, however, your exchange global list will be protected from being synced unless you have created contacts for those on global.

for example...if you are having to rely on your exchange server to find email addresses or participants for meetings, then those contacts will not be syncd unless you create a contact for that person using the exchange info...on your iphone first.

Feb 26, 2013 4:07 AM in response to RoperTwoFeet

I was finally able to solve my problem! It took me a year, but I did it!!! I used a GREAT app for importing all of my wife's contacts (1800+) that were on her iPhone via Exchange (which she no longer had access to) which is called "My Contacts Backup Pro" which allows you to import over 500 contacts. The "Pro" app is $1.99 and it can be found in iTunes. If you have less than 500 contacts you can use the FREE version called "My Contacts Backup" which works pretty much the same way (minus a few perks), and is limited to only 500 contacts. Either way, they are both a heck of a bargain for what you get and can do with them. (Side note: I even went to Genius Bar with my issue previoulsy and they couldn't solve our problem, so I feel great I was able to find the app that helped me solve my wife's problem that was stumping everyone, including Apple.)

The app works wonderful and is VERY easy to use. Using the My Contacts Backup Pro allows you to either backup contacts as a VCF (VCard) or Export Contacts as a CSV (Excel) file...all done from your iPhone. Basically, it allows you to Export your contacts from your phone via an email to yourself, then once on your computer, you can basically import your contacts into iCloud (that's what I did). You may have to deal with a few minor issues (i.e. duplicates) if you tried moving some of them over manually previously (which I did), but at least you are finally able to move the stuck Exchange contacts from your iPhone.

My Contacts Backup Pro URL: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/my-contacts-backup-pro/id466388978?mt=8

I would recommend you follow the directions on the application as they are simple rather than me trying to explain step-by-step instructions on this forum. Best of luck!

Apr 29, 2013 9:57 PM in response to RoperTwoFeet

Similar to RoperTwoFeet, I had this issue for the last few months. I found a free ap, 'Easy Backup', and you can backup your contacts, but better it can move contacts from an old Exchange account (abandoned since I changed jobs) to a new account or to your iCloud account. Skip the Facebook linking, and go to Contacts, under Accounts choose your old Exchange account, use the up arrow to Move all to another account. Takes a few minutes to move hundreds of contacts to iCloud, but it works. Find it in the iTunes store.

Mar 7, 2014 1:38 PM in response to RoperTwoFeet

Thanks so much for helping sort this out for me. I had tried all variety of things and every time I tried something I would flinch because I thought at any moment I would lose all my 11+ contacts from my former company's exchange server. This was exactly the solution I needed and it was miraculously easy and chep consider what folks are charging for a contacts sucker-outter.

Moving iPhone Exchange Contacts to Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.