Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB mic not recognized as input device in Logic Pro 9 project

I changed the System Preferences-Sound-Input/Output to my Yeti USB mic. Also, have Core Audio input and output set to same mic and hit "Apply". In Logic Pro 9 project window, message comes up "No input device!" On the channel strip, the USB mic is not listed as an option-only the first two inputs on my Presonus Firestudio Tube appear. Doesn't matter if Presonus is turned on or off.

Logic Pro

Posted on Feb 11, 2012 8:19 PM

3 replies

Feb 11, 2012 9:58 PM in response to kwolfe1a

kwolfe1a wrote:

I changed the System Preferences-Sound-Input/Output to my Yeti USB mic. Also, have Core Audio input and output set to same mic and hit "Apply". In Logic Pro 9 project window, message comes up "No input device!" On the channel strip, the USB mic is not listed as an option-only the first two inputs on my Presonus Firestudio Tube appear. Doesn't matter if Presonus is turned on or off.

The Mac System Preferences.. have nothing to do with Logic, do not set the Mac System Prefs to your USB Mic. Also, do not set an "Output" to a Mic.. a Mic is only an input device. Where is audio going to go if you set the output to a mic???

Logic's Input and Output are separate from the Mac System. Have you set up Logic's audio preferences.

The Output should be either Built-In audio or The Presonus... Input should be the USB Mic.

Read the "LOGIC" setup instructions.

Feb 11, 2012 10:22 PM in response to Pancenter

The Mac instructions for the Blue Microphones Yeti say to change the settings in the Mac Systems-Sound, both input and output, to the Yeti USB mic. The mic has its own built-in headphone amplifier circuit, enabling it to be used to listen to recording and to monitor while recording. See its features and description here:http://www.bluemic.com/yeti/

I had already tried setting Logic's input to the USB mic and output to the Presonus, with no luck.

After trying unsuccessfully to change the channel strip input to the Yeti, I set up a new project in Logic to see if that would allow me to select the Yeti as the input. No luck with this either.

Feb 11, 2012 10:52 PM in response to kwolfe1a

Never heard of a Mic with a built in headphone amp... my bad.

For Now set the Mac's Preferences to Built-In audio, All settings.

Let Logic have complete access to the USB Mic.

Try it again.

Next thing to try is an Aggregate device.

This may be your best chance.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1215

For now setup the Mic as the Input and Built-In audio as the output.

Try the Mic as the clock master and the output check resampled.

If that doesn't work, flip them.

USB mic not recognized as input device in Logic Pro 9 project

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.