Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I add PayPal to my iTunes account

I want to be able to use my PayPal account when.purchasing credits on my iPhone game. The game goes directly to my iTunes account throught my phone and only has credit cards as selections for payment. How can I get it to use payment through PayPal?

iOS 3.0

Posted on Feb 11, 2012 8:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2012 11:44 PM

In iTunes on your computer, store menu, view my account and login. Click on the edit link for payment info and then enter Paypal for payment method. Now it will use Paypal for your game.

9 replies

Feb 12, 2012 8:02 AM in response to Justnicolaa

I'm pretty sure Apple don't support PayPal as a payment option (though I am in Australia, so it may be different in your region); and since all in-game purchases are "handled" through iTunes there isn't a whole lot you can do other than get a credit card.

Although, there is one other option...

There are a number of websites (some legitimate, and some not so legitimate) which will happily accept payment via PayPal. Depending on the site you use, they will either mail the iTunes card out OR just email you the iTunes store credit code (which is realistically a much better option for most people).

From there you can redeem the value on the card to your account and any in-app purchases will then be deducated from your account balance.

Hope this helps,

//R

Dec 25, 2012 3:37 AM in response to Justnicolaa

Yup, some countries have only these 3 payment methods. This should appear in countries where iTunes only sells applicaitons. From http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2001:

Accepted payment types

Shopping the App Store requires an iTunes Store account. When you create an iTunes Store account, you must provide a payment method for your purchase. The available payment methods vary by country, but typically you can use credit cards, gift cards, store credit, or PayPal.

In countries where the iTunes Store only sells applications, the accepted payment methods are Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. Other payment types such as gift cards, store credit, monthly allowances, and PayPal are not accepted. Depending on your App Store country, prices are listed in either US Dollars or Euros.

The thing is, for example here in Czech Republic, full iTunes content is available for me to buy, BUT I can still only link with Visa, MasterCard or American Express (what? in EU??). I think this should be reviewed for some countries.

How do I add PayPal to my iTunes account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.