Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchased iPad on eBay after using for two days I got my email, eBay, and PayPal accounts hacked. then noticed Demo do not resell under the 16gb on back

Purchased iPad on eBay after using for two days I got my email, eBay, and PayPal accounts hacked. then noticed Demo do not resell under the 16gb on back

I am redirected and or unable to run and download any scans so far attempted malwarebytes and trustees.com/ebay these attempts were on pc running vista

iPad, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Feb 12, 2012 12:57 AM

7 replies

Feb 12, 2012 6:47 AM in response to megslyn

megslyn, are you locked out of the eBay account or the seller? The latter I hope, which would indicate that something is fishy and there have already been complaints about the seller, or that eBay locked that account after hearing your complaint.

File a dispute on the grounds the goods are not as described. eBay pretty-well guarantees your money back in this sort of dispute, but of course that is up to them.

How did you pay? Personally I only purchase from sellers who offer Paypal as a means of payment and refuse to deal with anyone who doesn't.

Julian is correct, there is nothing we, or Apple, can do here.

Regarding the hacking side of the issue, you hopefully reset the iPad to return it to factory condition before even attempting to connect to your iTunes account? If not then anything could happen.

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1, Click 'Like' if I helped ;-)

Feb 12, 2012 8:04 AM in response to Ex_Brit

I payed threw paypal, thank you that reminded me I can get the sellers email that way. It is my eBay I'm locked out of my account keeps getting hacked on the 8th and again yesterday someone listed iPhone 4. The second time they posted iPhones to sell them on my account the account was supposed to have restrictions not allowing activity. I have been on the phone with tech support for all together almost 9 hours and getting ready to call a 800 number with a pin the account take over rep gave me to call last night since it was after hours. Sorry identity theft is stressfull hope that post makes some sense.

Feb 12, 2012 8:30 AM in response to megslyn

megslyn wrote:

I payed threw paypal, thank you that reminded me I can get the sellers email that way. It is my eBay I'm locked out of my account keeps getting hacked on the 8th and again yesterday someone listed iPhone 4. The second time they posted iPhones to sell them on my account the account was supposed to have restrictions not allowing activity. I have been on the phone with tech support for all together almost 9 hours and getting ready to call a 800 number with a pin the account take over rep gave me to call last night since it was after hours. Sorry identity theft is stressfull hope that post makes some sense.

First lesson....when there's any kind of dispute or even if there isn't never, ever communicate with a seller outside of eBay. In which case, maybe their Paypal account isn't so file the dispute in Paypal instead. Or at least ask eBay support for their advice on that.

I'm sorry you've been having this problem with identity theft, yes I agree, it is a terrible experience. I haven't yet experienced but I know a few who have.

Good luck in all your endeavours. Apple Support is pretty good and they should be able to sort out the account woes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.