Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wifi doesn't reconnect after wake up

Last couple of weeks I have had to disconnect and reconnect the wi-fi connection when the mac 'wakes' from sleep mode. Previously it woul dgo through the start up searching and be fine. Now it won't find it automatically but if i switch off then reconnect it is fine. Any ideas?

iMac MC509, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Feb 12, 2012 1:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2012 2:14 AM

I have had the same problem on occasion. My workaround is to click on the wi-fi icon in the menu bar. The system searches and finds my network. I have read in other posts that this problem is known to Apple.

Barry

3 replies

Jul 20, 2014 6:08 AM in response to DarloFan

I found a solution to wake from sleep wifi connection issues here.

http://www.imore.com/how-fix-mavericks-wi-fi-zapping-bluetooth

I was having issues where my Macbook Pro Retina running Mavericks wouldn't reconnect to my wifi router on wake from sleep unless I rebooted the router. I'd tried everything (so I thought) and it was driving me nuts.

Here's what to do to fix it. Don't ask me how it works, but deleting the "com.apple.Bluetooth.plist" file resolves the issue.

1. Go to your Mac's Finder.
  2. Open Macintosh HD (or whatever your Mac's hard drive may be named)
  3. Open Library
  4. Open Preferences
  5. Find the file called "com.apple.Bluetooth.plist"
  6. Move it to your desktop. It should copy there.
  7. Remove it from the Preferences folder by dragging it into the Trash. The Mac will tell you that Finder wants to make changes. Type your password to allow this.
  8. Restart your Mac
  9. You will have to reconnect and pair any bluetooth devices you may use (keyboard, mice etc.)
  10. Once your happy that all's ok you can delete the desktop copy of the plist file (a new one is recreated on restart in step 8)

wifi doesn't reconnect after wake up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.