Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWork Documents do not sync with iCloud.

If I create a Pages,Numbers,Keynote doc on my iPad 2, it pushes up to iCloud no problem. It will not, however, push it over to my iPhone 4S. Yes, they are on the same iCloud account. Settings are all switched on.

Photostream, however, does work.

Pics taken with iPhone move to iCloud, appear in iPhoto, come back down to iPhone photostream. iCloud backup also works.

It's just the documents suite that will not propagate to iPhone.

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Feb 12, 2012 6:12 AM

13 replies

Mar 5, 2012 7:08 AM in response to James Pejril

So I have just spoken to Express Lane support (who were lovely and very helpful). We got it working by turning Off Documents in Settings -> iCloud on the iPhone 4S (this did erase the documents I had created in Pages on the iPhone but it's ok, they came back) and then turning it back on again.

The old faithfull off and on again method has come through for me 🙂

Charlee

Mar 5, 2012 10:16 AM in response to friendofsnoopy

Glad that sloved your problem, Snoopy.

That was the first thing I tried, and I've tried it again a dozen times since then.

The last thing I tried was to shut that the iCloud account, completely erase the phone, restart the iCloud account, put everything back on the phone, and that didn't even help.

How did yo get through express lane, Snoopy?

Did you have to pay?

When I start that process the tell me I will have to pay or explain why I desrve an exemption.

I don't really understand this.

I didnt purchase Apple Care, but the iPhone was purchased at the end of November, and it doesn't work as advertised.

(Also: I spent 2 hours with some nice folks at the Genius Bar but eventually, after passing it around and commenting "Wow, that's weird", they couldn't help me and handed it back to me and said "Sorry."

Mar 5, 2012 10:37 AM in response to James Pejril

I registered the device with it's Serial number in my support profile http://supportprofile.apple.com and as it's within a year of purchase, I was covered. I classed the issue as an iPhone issue as I wasn't having it with any other devices, and put it under the "other issues" classification stating that it was an issue with syncing between the iPhone 4S and iCloud.

They were really helpful and generally started running through a list of possibilities, but it did have to be handed to a senior adviser as it's not seemingly a generally known issue. Perhaps you could try again?

Charlee

Mar 5, 2012 3:47 PM in response to James Pejril

I solved it.

Here's what I did. Hope it works for you if you have the same issue.

Apparently, there is a (not very well) known issue with migrating from Mobile Me to iCloud.

Turn off iCloud Sync for "Documents and Data".

Turn off iCloud Sync for each of the iWork apps.

Look under "Settings" › "Mail,Contacts,Calendars" and see if you have a Mail Account listed as Mobile Me. If you do, delete it.

Turn all iCloud syncing settings back on.

I did not. But, I had two Accounts listed as iCloud. One was my primary iCloud account which was syncing everything. The other was just syncing mail. I deleted the secondary account.

Documents in the Cloud immediately began to work.

Since I still wanted to check the mail for that account on my iPhone, I reinstalled the account.

Documents in the cloud still worked.

It just needed to be toggled off and on.

Go figure.

Hope this helps.

Sep 28, 2012 4:49 AM in response to James Pejril

Also struggled for a long time. iCloud documents between Iphone and Macbook were syncing, but not with iPad. The following seems to have sorted out the problem (did it only on iPad):

Settings - General - Reset - Reset All Settings

After doing this, all my iCloud documents appeared in:

Settings - iCloud - Storage and Backup - Manage Storage - Pages.

All devices are now syncing

iWork Documents do not sync with iCloud.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.