Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has my Mac been hacked?

My wife and I woke up this morning to find at least three Safari sessions open on the computer. The one that disturbed me the most looked like the login page to H&R Block Online taxes. I know I didn't open it before I went to bed and neither did my wife. In fact I haven't tried to log into H&R Block since I did my taxes last year.

I've noticed lately that the computer hard drive seems to be running at night. It has been doing this for several weeks. My wife purchsed and installed McAfee Internet Security at the end of December. The hardrive noise seemed to coincide with that purchase so i thought it was the real time scanning feature running at night. Now, i am not so sure.

Can anyone help me determine if someone is hijacking my Mac while were sleeping or away?

iMac (24-inch Early 2009), Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Feb 12, 2012 9:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply
9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2012 11:02 AM in response to Jlan5346

BDAqua,

So I downloaded LittlSnitch. When the program started it opened up with 41 Rules. These "Rules" appear to allow communication for a lot of things. I am not very savvy in interpreting what they are as their titles or names are pretty vague. Do you have any advice on which rules I should change? Or, should I just leave them alone?

Has my Mac been hacked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.