Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why will FaceTime not verify my email

I can not get the email , Id to verify to FaceTime

iPad

Posted on Feb 12, 2012 11:42 AM

6 replies

Mar 28, 2012 1:32 PM in response to Bjga

I had the same problem and was so confused because I could verify my email fine on FaceTime on the mac.

HERE'S WHAT WORKED FOR ME: I signed out of Facetime on my mac and then I could sign in on my ipad. Suddenly after 50 attempts, my ipad verified instantly (it didn't even send an e-mail, it just verified instantly). I guess being signed in on my mac caused some kind of conflict on Apple's servers. Now for the funny part: I was immediately able to sign-in again on my mac and now both my pad and mac have working FaceTime. You just can't be signed in on your mac when you are trying to setup FaceTime for the first time on the iPad. I guess.

Apr 4, 2013 9:59 AM in response to Bjga

I think we have a solution if you are not able to get an email address to verify correctly in FaceTime on your iPad. If you go to Settings>General and then scroll to the bottom of the page...you'll see Reset Settings. Select that and then select Reset All Settings. Once you have done this you should be able to set up FaceTime normally again.

This worked for us after hours of frustration! 😀

Hope this helps someone....

Why will FaceTime not verify my email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.