Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Detailed tutorial. How to have my Quicksilver G4 Tiger have Classic?

How do I enable Classic in my Quicksilver Tiger G4? I do not have OS 10 disks. I do have a OS 9.2.1 installation disk.

I do not want to clean my HDD. I do not want to lose any programs,nor to reinstall Tiger. How do I do this?

Gene

Quicksilver G4, Business and hobby

Posted on Feb 12, 2012 1:14 PM

5 replies

Feb 13, 2012 10:58 AM in response to mhenley2

Put the OS9 disc in the computer.

Start up the computer with the C key held down. If you get an error message, report back here. It may be the disc will not work on that computer.

If you get to an installer window, proceed with the installation to the drive. It will not erase any version of OSX that is on the hard drive unless you tell it to erase the drive first. The one thing you may encounter, however, is if somebody formatted the drive without OS9 drivers which re required for the type of installation you are doing. If you see something about that, report back here. It would involve wiping your hard drive to get around that.

Mar 12, 2012 11:59 AM in response to Limnos

If the G4 QuickSilver is an original model, you can use a retail (white label, large gold 9) OS 9.2.1 Install CD with it.

If the G4 QuickSilver is a 2002 model, no OS 9.2.1 Install CD will work. This model requires the separate OS 9.2.2 Install CD that originally came with it in order to install a bootable OS 9.

Power Mac G4: How to Differentiate Between Models, Part 2

Detailed tutorial. How to have my Quicksilver G4 Tiger have Classic?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.