3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 12, 2012 3:54 PM by Chris CA
TexasStation Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

My wife and I use the same iCloud account on each of our iPads for calendar, contacts, Photo Stream etc. When we back them up to iCloud, does it keep track of which installed apps and music libraries are on which device? We will probably be updating to the iPad 3 shortly and I'm wondering how things will go when we restore back to the new iPads. We share the same calendars, contacts and photos, but we don't want all our apps and music mixed together.

iPad 2
  • Chris CA Level 9 Level 9 (77,225 points)

TexasStation wrote:

My wife and I use the same iCloud account on each of our iPads for calendar, contacts, Photo Stream etc. When we back them up to iCloud, does it keep track of which installed apps and music libraries are on which device?

Note that both Backup & Restore have nothing to do with reinstall apps or music libraries.

We will probably be updating to the iPad 3 shortly and I'm wondering how things will go when we restore back to the new iPads. We share the same calendars, contacts and photos, but we don't want all our apps and music mixed together.

You should each have uyou own computer login account, which will allow you to have yoru own data (calendars, contacts, apps, etc).

Also, you should each have your own iCloud account.

• TexasStation Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hmmm...makes sense. I guess after I'm done migrating to the new iPads, We can go back to sharing the same iCloud account so our contacts and calendars stay in sync.

• Chris CA Level 9 Level 9 (77,225 points)

You can add multiple iCloud accounts on your iDevice.

Settings > Mail , Contacts, Calendars - Add account and add the other's iCloud account. These additional iCloud accounts can have Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Reminders, Bookmarks, and Notes.

Also, you can simply share iCloud calendars.

Click the multiple calendars icon (left of Day/Week/Month/List).

Click the little wifi icon next to the calendar you wish to share. This sends an invite to the person you choose and adds this specific calendar to their calendar app.