Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help! "Source clip is missing..." iMovie 11 for Mac and, alas, urgent.

How do I find out the file name of the original clip(s) so I can reconnect them (somehow?) to iMovie? I have no idea whether I moved them. It may be that I am not saving iMovie 11 files the way you need to, e.g., I just moved all the freakin' folders off my internal hard drive and onto an external. All my other Projects are working fine. It's only the one I actually need that says "Source clip is missing."

I could go find it in Time Machine if I knew what I was looking for... or Spotlight... or do some kind of grep in Terminal at the Unix level.

Not that it's relevant to this question, but I'm running Snow Leopard on an iMac with 2.66 gig Intel Core Duo processor and 4 gigs of RAM.

iWork Keynote -OTHER, Mac OS X (10.5.8), iWork '90 iWork 09 Keynote 09 audio

Posted on Feb 12, 2012 3:51 PM

1 reply

Mar 27, 2012 11:04 AM in response to magdalen23

i've read that one is supposed to hover over the yellow exclamation point icon to see the expected file/source clip that iMovie '11 is looking for. well, i hover and it just shows a date, no file name.

when i try to export a movie with missing clips, i get a dialogue box saying something like, "Some source clips are missing. In the exported movie, those will appear as black frames." it lists the missing file name. i found a folder with that name, full of numbered clips, but putting it in iMovie Events didn't do a darned thing. how do i figure out *what* iMovie is looking for in terms of source clips, and *where* it wants those files/folders to be?

Help! "Source clip is missing..." iMovie 11 for Mac and, alas, urgent.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.