Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

attempting to copy to the disk failed. The disk could not be read from or written to", and "itunes could not copy to the ipod because the file could not be read or written" WTH?

I recently bought my son who is special needs an iPod shuffle gen 4 and nothing but complications. I kept getting error message saying it could not be read from or written to. Then it would not even charge up. I let ig charge on computer for 6 hours it turned green. Then I went to check it out and it went to orange then nothing. So, I took it back to the storea and got another. I am home excited for my son and nothing it is doing the same thing! Someone please help me I am ready to swear off iPod period!

😢

iPod shuffle, Windows 7

Posted on Feb 12, 2012 7:11 PM

7 replies

Sep 16, 2012 8:15 PM in response to Stacyfromtx

did you fix this problem? im having the same issue... Im using window 7 and itunes lastest version and i restored my iphone 4s millions of time and nothing work! when im in any random song it just freeze itunes and my computer gets crazy..... as soon as i unplugged it out from the usb the compu start working perfectly....

HELP ME OUT PLEASE!!!!

Sep 21, 2016 3:02 PM in response to Stacyfromtx

I can't speak for everyone, but HERE'S MY SOLUTION.

Try reinstalling iTunes to a different hard drive. The problem I had was that when I installed Windows 10, I installed iTunes to a different hard drive than all of my music. I'm not sure why, but this seemed to mess up iTunes ability to read my files. If you haven't done so already, try installing iTunes to the same hard drive as your music.

I hope this helps

attempting to copy to the disk failed. The disk could not be read from or written to", and "itunes could not copy to the ipod because the file could not be read or written" WTH?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.