Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod (1st gen) tries to reset but no battery!

I have an iPod 1st Gen, and i wanted to reset it, but now everytime i turn it on it's resetting (apple logo and spinning circle) but then the battery is empty and its recharging to 1/4 and then tries to reset again. This loops forever it doesn't finish. I can't do anything because it's just resetting and then the battery is empty again and then it's gonna recharge for a while and then tries it all again, i really need help because this is happening for 2 weeks now i don't know what to do. Thanks in advance!

-Ruben (Desnox)

iPod touch, Windows XP

Posted on Feb 13, 2012 4:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2012 6:07 AM

It sounds like the battery is shot and in need of replacement. It can't seem to get enough juice in order for the iPod to fully boot up or reset. You can have Apple replace the battery for a flat fee or send it in to a third party repair company who can do the same job for less.

B-rock

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2012 6:07 AM in response to Desnox

It sounds like the battery is shot and in need of replacement. It can't seem to get enough juice in order for the iPod to fully boot up or reset. You can have Apple replace the battery for a flat fee or send it in to a third party repair company who can do the same job for less.

B-rock

iPod (1st gen) tries to reset but no battery!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.