Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Book Published, but don't see in Connect

I pushed an iBook last night using Producer and the process completed successfully. The book size is close to 600MB so it took a while. However, when I log in to iTunes Connect, I don't see the book listed under "Manage My Books." Shouldn't it show up there even if under a Pending status?

Thanks,

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Feb 13, 2012 5:02 AM

9 replies

Feb 13, 2012 6:36 AM in response to Fabe

I just checked the status in Producer and it's reporting an Import Error, but no other details. I wonder how we're supposed to figure out what caused the Import Error on their end since Producer didn't report any issues prior to the upload.

Also, I am a little suspicious that I wasn't prompted for an ISBN number. Isn't that required, even for a free book?

Feb 13, 2012 6:56 AM in response to Achiever2010

You might try this: Before resubmitting the book again, open iTunes Producer or go to the opening page. Click on "Open Package ..." In the Playlists window that appears, find the file for the book you just uploaded and delete it. Then start fresh with a new upload.

This is trial and error on my part. It's what I would try. Good luck. - Fabe

Feb 14, 2012 6:36 PM in response to Achiever2010

For all of you future frustrated iBook Authors...

If the book doesn't show up in Connect in 10 minutes, something is wrong. Most likely, it's an "Import Error." In Producer, go to to File --> Package History and it will show you one of the following:

Uploading -- Package is still being uploaded to the site

Internal Transfer - Package was uploaded and is being copied to another location internal to the Apple

Import Processing -- The Package is being validated by Apple. This is an automated process

Imported -- Everything went well and now the book should show up in Connect with the Status of "under review."

Import Failed -- Good luck figuring this out. My issue was related to some of the videos in the book. We have 50 videos in the book so this was kind of a treat to work on.

Book Published, but don't see in Connect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.