Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Red Crucible 2 Have A Virus?

Does Red Crucible 2 Have A Virus? I ask because I have it on both my macbook pro (game played 2 days and says error now) and i have a iMac (new one) (and the game says wrong account or pass.) but I only had the account for 3 days! My account says wrong pass or name on both computer. I already paid $30 for coins for the app and now I can't use it! On my imac I played 5 minutes and closed the game and many of my photos and files on my desktop just dissapeared but not before they appeared and dissapeared from place to place for 3 minutes! On my macbook pro (running lion on both computers) the game worked but closed due to graphics to intense, so I made a windowed option and made graphic lowest in the game. I played for a day and the next day says error and wont open anymore.

I have never experienced problems like this since I was a wondows users and had a virus...this seems very similar. Please either make them update it with fixes soon or make them take it down so it doesn't destroy our computers. Look at the reviews...many others besides me have experienced this. I lost $30+ on this game, please do something.

Thank you,

Scott C. Waring/Taiwan

mac app RED CRUCIBLE 2-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.3), this app may contain spyware/virus

Posted on Feb 13, 2012 4:56 AM

2 replies

Aug 1, 2013 2:33 PM in response to TaiwanSCW

Well Scott, here is how Red Crucible work after several months investigations;

1- They targeted maximum subscribers first.

2- Scanned IPs of users who buy coins frequently.

3- In order to narrow the search, they blocked access of many users from countries IPs who pay hardly anything to buy coins (We tested this several times, all the times you need to use a VPN provider to access the game server) and by the way, all your personal data is stored into game server.

4- We verified many cases of double cashing for single coins buy.

5- Some personal data about owners are seriously frustrating

So it is highly recommended to delete the game from your MAC and consider the 30$ as minimum loss out of potentially serious scam

All the best

Does Red Crucible 2 Have A Virus?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.