Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari not scrolling & sometimes unresponsive

Recently on my Intel iMac (but also on my Mac Book Pro) safari has had a couple of problems;

1. Scrolling stops working at all - the only way around it is to refresh the page you are on. It appears to be at random (in that I haven't found a common time or website that it happens to).

2. Mainly on 'app' style / heavy websites (HTML5 etc), safari becomes unresponsive in the sense that you can't click on clickable items. The mouse pointer doesn't turn into the hand which usually signifies something is clickable. This is generally resolved by restarting safari, or simply reloading the page.

I don't know if they are related, but it's becoming a real problem. Has anyone got any way to fix this?

I'm using Lion 10.7.3 on the iMac.

Thanks in advance

Ewan

Safari-OTHER

Posted on Feb 13, 2012 5:04 AM

8 replies

May 9, 2012 10:43 AM in response to ewanrayment

I've been having this same problem on my iMac 10.7.3 Lion. VERY random occurences.

It sometimes happens on a new window that has just opened, and it sometimes happens on a window that has been open for awhile. Refreshing page and emptying cache hasn't helped. 15 yrs using Mac and it's the first time I've worried my Mac has one of those PC things called a "virus."

Safari not scrolling & sometimes unresponsive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.