Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slideshow with keywords

I'm trying to create a slideshow (with ken burns effect) and add my custom keywords on the bottom of each picture. Is this feasible? I can add "Text" to the slideshow, but the "keywords" option is not available.

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 13, 2012 7:07 AM

5 replies

Feb 13, 2012 8:07 AM in response to vrca

As you've seen keywords are not included in the metadata that can be added to a slide.

To accomplish this you'd have to copy the keyword(s) into one of the available metadata fields such as caption. Unfortunately there is no automatic way to do this in Aperture. It would be possible to do it through a Applescript if you have any scripting experience. The code wouldn't be that difficult to write.

regards

Jan 22, 2013 10:06 AM in response to Frank Caggiano

As another work-around, that I sometimes use, set the free BorderFX plug-in (BorderFX - BorderFX) to create an annotated version of the image. You can write the keywords directly onto the image or onto a custom border of the image. This is highly customizable. Just add a textbox and set it to show the IPTC field "Keywords".

Then use the annotated versions of your image in the slideshow.

For example: The keywords written onto the border below the image.

User uploaded file

Slideshow with keywords

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.