Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Occasional missed sbcglobal email to Mac mail

I have an sbcglobal.net mail account in my Mac mail app. Recently noticed not all incoming messages were received in my computer's Mac mail, but were received in the on-line att.net account & on my iPhone.

As a test, I sent 5 test messages to the sbcglobal.net email account. All 5 arrived at the online mail, 4 arrived at the iPhone & only 3 made it to the computer Mac mail box.

Anyone had any problem like this with sbcglobal mail? Can't find any setting in the att.net setup that would indicate why the messages are being removed from the server before the computer gets them, but it is like they are only on the server a short time & the other 2 mail boxes get them first & they are removed before the computer gets them.

Any help narrowing this down before I try calling att again?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Feb 13, 2012 7:49 AM

3 replies

Feb 14, 2012 6:40 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

The 5 test emails were sent rapidly, one right after the other. Setting on iphone not set to delete, besides the missing emails are still sitting there unread on both att & iPhone, and a couple never get to the mac mail. Tried same test with a Yahoo account and had no problem, no lost emails.

Since no one else seems to have experienced this same problem, I guess I have to switch this account to a Yahoo account (and have to change mail address).

Occasional missed sbcglobal email to Mac mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.