Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

synchronization IPhone / with ITunes (new computer)

hello,

I used ITunes to synchronize my IPhone4, but the computer is out of order.

On my new computer I installed ITunes, but when i plugged my IPhone 4 , an error message appeared.

What is the procedure, when we change a computer without to be able to make a "ITunes documents transfer".

Thanks.

iPhone 4

Posted on Feb 13, 2012 7:55 AM

8 replies

Feb 14, 2012 3:55 AM in response to syldu78

Then you will likely lose some media. iDevices are not backup devices. If you cannot or willnot transfer the media from the old computer or the backup of the old computer, the only thing Apple offers is the ability to either download previous purchases from iTunes or transfer iTunes purchased content from the device.

To transfer purchases, connect the device but do not sync.

Select File > Transfer purchases.

Feb 14, 2012 8:53 AM in response to syldu78

Contacts are designed to be synced to a compatible application on the computer or a cloud service. If you chose to rely solely on the iDevice for contacts, it is very likely that they will be lost in the sync.

Photos taken with the iDevice are designed to be copied off the device and then synced back via iTunes. Again, it is very likely they will be lost.

The situation that you are in currnetly is exactly why regular, consistent backups are extremely important.

Feb 14, 2016 9:03 AM in response to diesel vdub

Hello, I have a similar problem. My old computer crashed.

I have installed iTunes on my new computer and tryed to synchronize my phone with the new computer but nothing really happens. What I expected was that the library I created, from my own Music files, on the new computer would be moved (synchronized) to my iPhone but nothing happens when I synchronize....

Essentially, what I want to do is transfer some files from my computer to the iPhone but that seems to be a rather difficult task.

synchronization IPhone / with ITunes (new computer)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.