Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iTunes wont download my purchases error (-50)

It just wont work. I have 8 downloads pending and none of them will work.

iTunes is not blocked on my firewall.

Ive tried restarting my computer.

I just want to be able to download the things I paid for fair and square!!!

iTunes-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Feb 13, 2012 10:16 AM

2 replies

Feb 13, 2012 11:37 AM in response to drbeatz2

I found that if you close Itunes, go into your save directory (where you actually save your data), go into the download folder and delete every .tmp file in there. then close explorer and re-open Itunes, and let it try to download these files again. There has to be a problem with the latest version of Itunes because I never had this problem before. It's ridiculous. It's almost like it's set up to if it gets any delay while downloading, whatsover, it will error out to the (-50) and eventually, it will not let you download the file at all. Just delete the temporary download and have it start from scratch until Apple's geniuses can fix the stupid problem. (don't let them get away with saying "It's your firewall" BS...because it worked like a charm for months and months with the exact same firewall I had. I didn't change it....what changed??? Itunes did, and does all the time, then instead of beta testing it to make sure it works before they release it, they let us be the guinea pigs who have to put up with all the error downloads and such. "Oops, we are so sorry, thanks for being our tester's that we didnt' have to hire to get the results we got from you for free....and at your expense.....our next release should have a fix for you. Good luck".

My iTunes wont download my purchases error (-50)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.