Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

transfer pictures from ipad to PC

I plug my ipad into my PC however it does not pop up on Windows Explorer so I cannot transfer the pictures or videos from it to my PC?! i Have tried disabling my Firewall & Anti virus software but that doesnt seem to make a difference?

Any other ideas? I am running Windows 7 Enterprise version 64bit.

Many Thanks,

A

Posted on Feb 13, 2012 10:23 AM

19 replies

Feb 13, 2012 10:27 AM in response to Amish1111

Were the photos and videos taken with the iPad and/or copied to it via the camera connection kit ? If so then you should be able to enable the photo wizard to copy them off : http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1500

If the photos and videos were originally synced from a computer then you won't be able to copy them off that way, you will need a third-party app such as Simple Transfer to copy them off.

Feb 13, 2012 10:30 AM in response to Amish1111

Hey guys thanks for the input! The ipad is not showing up as an external device under my computer. No connection kit was used these photos & videos were taken on the ipad. I am desperate to get them off becuase they have videos i took of my late father who is no longer with us. Any help would be truely appreciated!

Many Thanks,

Amish

Feb 13, 2012 10:31 AM in response to Amish1111

Have you checked through WE as you would for any other external device? Sometimes it shows up as your iPad and on others as a camera. It is a matter of digging deep through the folders. It is only photos from your iPad that can be accessed this way.

You might know this, but if you are successful only copy the photos in the first instance until you are satisfied you have them where you want them. You can then go back and cut/delete them from the device in WE. As you get more confidence you can cut and paste them from the word go!

Feb 13, 2012 10:33 AM in response to Amish1111

Until you get it fixed, you can suck the pictures off almost using any windows machine. Especially if there is no I tunes. By default, windows sees it as a camera. For emergency purposes, use somebody else's then put them on a removable drive until you get home.

As respects your pc, try a different USB port? Or restart the pc. It really show show up in explorer.

Apr 20, 2012 10:44 AM in response to Amish1111

Here's how I did it: establish a Google Picasa account from your PC then download the WEB ALBUMS App to your iPad. Then go into web albums from your iPad and create a new web album called something like "my iPad pics and video" then do an upload from that app..it will show you all albums on your iPad, pick the one you want and do a select all of the pics and hit upload! Tada! Now you can go to your PC and access all those pics and videos through Google Picasa.

I was so frustrated trying a zillion different approaches just like you until i finally came up with this idea. Let me know if you have success!

May 16, 2012 3:19 AM in response to Dyliak

I would like to suggest to try our app "Photo Transfer App" which lets you transfer photos from iPad to PC/Mac over wifi. You can transfer multiple photos at one time and you can also transfer from PC/Mac to the iPad. Here is more info:

http://www.phototransferapp.com/ipad.html

DISCLAIMER: I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.

Let me know if you have any comment or suggestions.

Cheers,

Enrique

transfer pictures from ipad to PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.