Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple extreme

att sent me a modem netgear 6200 to connect to dsl. i connected the modem with eternet cable to wan of extreme and another ethenet cable to port on extreme then to my desktop pc. I am also connected wirelessly with mbp to extreme. my airport utility says dbl nat message which I ignored. My extreme network mode is set to DCHP and NAT. Both computers are connected to internet but, how can I get rid of the dbl NAT message?

thanks Ernie

Posted on Feb 13, 2012 10:44 AM

4 replies

Feb 13, 2012 11:49 AM in response to Joseph Kriz

Ernie will basically have two choices:

1) Get into the Status setting of the AirPort Extreme and click the option to "ignore" the Double NAT...and hope that this will not cause issues on the network.

2) Configure the Netgear modem in bridge mode and change the configuration of the AirPort Extreme to "Connect Using = PPPoE".....which would be the correct way to configure both the modem and AirPort Extreme.....but it also involves more work.

apple extreme

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.