Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos Corrupt on iPhone

Hi Everyone,

Recently I had my computer (Mac OS X 10.5.8) wiped. The only copies of my photos are on my iPhone 3GS. I've tried using various programs to transfer my photos back to my computer (PhotoSync, Touch Copy, Drop Box, iFile and Phone Drive). But the only program that worked was using PhotoSync and transfering it to Drop Box. Once I did this though I realized my photos are corrupt as the file size is 0 and nothing will open up.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know! I'm desperate to get these photos back!

Thanks!

iPhone 3GS, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Feb 13, 2012 2:37 PM

7 replies

Feb 13, 2012 2:43 PM in response to Forces Darling

Even if you get them off somehow, they are not the full resolution photos that were stored on your computer to begin with. They were optimized for the phone. With the exception of the camera roll, photo sync was never intended to be 2 way. It is one way. Computer > Phone.

Restore your photo library from your Time Machine Backup. You did make a backup before you wiped your computer, right?

Photos Corrupt on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.