Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Radio produces a quite messy and incomplete list of stations. How can I tidy it up and add my own favorite stations ?

The list of radio stations offered by iTunes Radio is quite messy, outdated and not up to Apple standard. Living abroad I like to find Dutch radio stations. these can be listed either under international, pop, 90's etc. which makes me searching in a quite prehistoric way (opening each folder and scrolling through hundreds of stations). At the end of this exercise I concluded that my favorite radio stations (national radio) simply isn't there.

How can I add personal favorite radio stations ?
When is Apple going to develop a more up-to-date search & find option ?

MacBook

Posted on Feb 13, 2012 2:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2012 2:28 PM

There's no way to add a station to the Radio section of iTunes, since that list is provided by a server somewhere. There are two different ways, though, to add streaming stations to iTunes depending on whether you know the direct URL to the stream or are adding a link from a broadcaster.

If you have the direct URL (and it needs to be the URL directly to the stream, not a link to a web page), in iTunes go to 'Advanced' and then 'Open Stream'. Enter or paste the url and the station will begin playing. The link stream then be in your library and you can, if you wish, drag it to a playlist.

To add a playlist from a broadcaster such as Live365, go to the broadcaster and select the station you want. The playlist (a .pls file) should download to your system. If the station does not begin to play in iTunes automatically, double-click or drag and drop the .pls file into the iTunes library window and the playlist's stream will be added to your Library. Again, once in the library you can drag it to your own playlist if you wish.

As to when, or indeed if, Apple will make any changes to the Radio section, no one here can say.

Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2012 2:28 PM in response to Ronald_van_de_Langenberg

There's no way to add a station to the Radio section of iTunes, since that list is provided by a server somewhere. There are two different ways, though, to add streaming stations to iTunes depending on whether you know the direct URL to the stream or are adding a link from a broadcaster.

If you have the direct URL (and it needs to be the URL directly to the stream, not a link to a web page), in iTunes go to 'Advanced' and then 'Open Stream'. Enter or paste the url and the station will begin playing. The link stream then be in your library and you can, if you wish, drag it to a playlist.

To add a playlist from a broadcaster such as Live365, go to the broadcaster and select the station you want. The playlist (a .pls file) should download to your system. If the station does not begin to play in iTunes automatically, double-click or drag and drop the .pls file into the iTunes library window and the playlist's stream will be added to your Library. Again, once in the library you can drag it to your own playlist if you wish.

As to when, or indeed if, Apple will make any changes to the Radio section, no one here can say.

Regards.

iTunes Radio produces a quite messy and incomplete list of stations. How can I tidy it up and add my own favorite stations ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.