Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is MS Project 2010 compatible Mac?

In School, just wondering if MS Project 2010 is campatible with MAC?

Thanks

MacBook Pro, Other OS

Posted on Feb 13, 2012 4:59 PM

5 replies

Feb 13, 2012 6:33 PM in response to newlove

Project 2010 is a sepatate program. It is not part of Office or Office for Mac. You should visit the Microsoft Project site to review system requirements. The site talks to requiring Windows.

You could install Windows on your computer using a virtual machine like Fusion or Parallels, or using Boot Camp, then install Project in Windows. This is what I did.

Feb 13, 2012 6:55 PM in response to newlove

newlove wrote:

MS Project 2010 is campatible with MAC?

Assuming MAC means Mac, the answer is no.

Either install Windows, or look into Mac project management software, such as OpenProj (intended as an open-source alternative to MS Project; I'm not quite sure if it's still under active development); OmniPlan (has a utility to import Project files); Merlin (able to read Project files directly); and others.

Feb 14, 2012 3:02 PM in response to IoanLucian

IoanLucian wrote:

OpenProj is not developed anymore.

Thank you. May I ask how you know this? Although it hasn't been updated in quite a while, there still seems to be a bit of activity on SourceForge (a ticket was closed just yesterady) and a new website has been opened recently at

<http://www.openproj.eu/>

(That's why I couldn't be sure whether it's still being developed or not.)

Feb 15, 2012 12:23 AM in response to fane_j

Some activity on the forums and some minor bug fixes means nothing. The last released version is from 2008. In that year Serena bought Projity the producer of OpenProj. From that moment no more releases were made. Serena has no reason to develop it further since that would mean to cut their own incomes. So to me it looks like the development stoped...

Is MS Project 2010 compatible Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.