Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there an iPhone app that will divert incoming calls that are listed "blocked and private?"

Is there an iPhone application that will divert or block incoming calls that are listed as "blocked" or "private." My home phone doesn't allow any blocked or private calls to ring in. I know this feature is available - I've heard it on cell phones.

iPhone 4, Windows XP, Update related problem

Posted on Feb 13, 2012 5:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2012 5:33 PM

No, only the carrier can do that, and few of them provide that option for wireless accounts. Your home land line blocks anonymous call via a telco option - it's not on the phone itself.

Cell carriers have little incentive to provide options to block any incoming calls since they get to charge you for them.

5 replies

Feb 13, 2012 6:16 PM in response to kathrynfromredding

You don't need to switch carriers. You can port your number to Google Voice (your carrier will have to give you a new phone number). You can have Google Voice forward to multiple phones and use the Google Voice app so that outgoing calls appear on caller ID as that number instead of your "real" number.

Google Voice can be configured to force callers to identify themselves before ringing your phone. You can also set timers for when calls are allowed through, blacklist numbers, etc.

The service is free. It might be worth looking into if it's a real problem for you.

I use Goole Voice for all my business calls. It allows an easy way to separate out my work calls from my personal calls and ensures I'm not disturbed by work during my personal time.

Is there an iPhone app that will divert incoming calls that are listed "blocked and private?"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.