Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to use battery efficiency?

I'm using Macbook a lot (8-10 hours per day). I want to know how to use battery efficiency and long lasting.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Feb 13, 2012 7:01 PM

5 replies

Feb 13, 2012 7:12 PM in response to NathanCA

Just use it the way you want. If you are near AC power plug it in, if you feel like it.

One thing is never let the battery run down so far as to have the system shut down by itself, IE running the battery to zero. That is very bad for the battery.

Other then that use it the way it fits into your daily routine. One way or another at some point you are going to need to replace the battery.

Feb 15, 2012 3:21 PM in response to NathanCA

For more specific, i wonder i should use my Mac until its power is 50%-40% and plug in the charger or i need to plug in when it is 20% or under.

Then, if my Mac is fully charged, keep plugging the charger and keep running or i have to plug out and use all of the power before charging again?

@BCreg: Those links you posted i have seen it long time ago but it isn't really helpful. i need something more specific likes as a grahp of each stage of the battery when it need to be charged.

How to use battery efficiency?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.